When the government bleat about how difficult life has now become for us all and councils start cutting essential services in our area lets keep one thing in mind….
Some of us are going to be more ‘in it’ than others
Here’s some simple facts from the PCS:
* Tax evasion, and avoidance, along with staff cuts in revenue and customs, means uncollected tax is running at approximately £130 billion a year.
* The government has just closed the tax unit that deals with the richest in society (those earning more than £20 million).
* In 2009 profits went up by £24 billion and wages by only £2 billion.
* 50% of civil servants earn less than £20,000 a year, a quarter less than £15,000.
* The average civil service pension, taking away the tiny percentage of high earners, is £4,200 a year.
* Pensions for five million public sector workers costs £4.1 billion, while £10 billion is spent on tax relief on private pensions for the richest 1%.
* State pensioners get only £97 a week.
* One in three children are living in poverty.
* The government has spent £1.4 trillion in bailing out the banks.
* Public spending in Britain is the lowest in Europe. For every pound spent on the public services 74p goes straight back into the economy, 64p into the local economy.
Over to you Ian Bone
UNIONS CALL ‘DAY OF ACTION’ ON OCTOBER 20TH
When the Trade Unions call for a ‘DAY OF ACTION’ you know what they mean is a day of passive inaction listening to speakers drone on about ‘this great movement of ours’ in Hyde Park. However let’s not quibble comrades – THE AUTUMN OF DISCONTENT ( phrase first patented by Shakespeare – ‘Now is the winter of our discontent’) is shaping up nicely. Kicks off on September 29th with a European wide anti- cuts demo in Brussels which should result in a few lobbed tear gas grenades followed by the massive demo at the Tory party conference in Brum on October 3rd which will see all the ancient Class Warriors back on the streets – including myself. Then several trade unions are alling for a Day of Action on October 20th -the day the Tories publish their long awaited Spending Cuts Review. This could be what we want it to be comrades – maybe push it slightly beyond what they currently have in mind. Then on Octobrer 23rd public sector unions are calling demonstrations throughout the country. RED OCTOBER BECKONS! No doubt kicked off by Bob Crow’s call for a general strike and community resistence at the TUC congress. Well let’s put our shoulders to the wheel comrades.
CLASS WAR ON TOUR – THIS OCTOBER – FROM BRUSSELS TO BRUM TO BLIGHTY!
Come on Norwich and Norfolk…Let’s Be Avin You!